It’s been a very busy month

We’ve been here at our winter stop at Eagle View RV Resort for a month now and besides being busy with work (end of year push), we’ve been accomplishing a lot from the “To Do List”.

The first thing we did was set up the site and decorate for Christmas which was only a week after our arrival.

Right after Christmas, we had our Covid booster shots, which weren’t that bad, a couple of days with a sore shoulder and we were back to normal.

Next on the list was replacing the Alfa Wifi Camp Pro 2 wifi repeater since it never really worked very well and only worked on 2.4 GHz frequency. I chose to go with a Pepwave Max Transit Duo router, which has two cellular modems and two redundant SIM slots, allowing you to use up to four different cellular providers for bandwidth bonding, as well as 2.4 and 5 GHz for WAN Wifi (campground). I set it up using only three slots (one AT&T, and two Verizon), and with the indoor antennas, we were amazed on the speeds were were achieving. Not to mention, we now have true wireless connectivity throughout the coach.

Plans to install the rooftop antenna was delayed a couple of weeks while we waited for the coach to be washed and waxed.

Once that was done the installation of the rooftop antenna went relatively easy with only a couple of trips to the hardware store. I was a little leery with drilling a hole in the fiberglass roof, but after watching several YouTube videos, I felt comfortable tackling the job.

I started out by measuring where I wanted the cables to enter the office and made sure there was nothing blocking that location on the roof. I then drilled a pilot hole up from the office ceiling, then went up on the roof and with a 1 inch hole saw, drilled down into the office. After that, all that needed to be done was to clean the area, set the antenna, and caulk the edges with Dicor self leveling sealant. Easy Peasy

After the antenna was installed, it was back inside to the office to clean up the cable routing and connect the antenna to the router.

The next job on the To Do List was to fix the fogged driver and passenger windows. This was not something I was going to do myself and we found a company nearby to do the work. I was at the eye doctor when they arrived, and when I got back Debbie told me how they had a very hard time getting out the passenger windows because to the awing bar. What a difference. and now I can see the side mirrors which will help incredibly when changing lanes.

Unfortunately there is a little bit of etching on the passenger window, but it’s still much better than it was. So, all in all, money well spent.

Our first month here hasn’t been all work and not play, although it sure does seem that way. We did go see the fountain that the town is named for, and I got to see some wild horses when I was driving into town.

And we have plans to check out a lot more of the area once my new glasses arrive. As well as a few more items on the To Do List.

Until then,

Safe travels