January 20, 2018 – South to Apopka Florida
Weather: Sunny 60 degrees
Today we traveled 160 miles farther south to Orlando NW/Orange Blossom KOA, where we’ll be for two weeks.
January 25, 2018 – Final Goodbye to New Jersey
Weather: Sunny and windy, 70 degrees
Today we finally received out new South Dakota license plates! And you can bet I didn’t waste any time installing them.
January 27, 2018 – Airboat tour of Lake Tohopekaliga
Weather: Cloudy, 70 degrees
Jenna and Emily came down to Florida to visit us this weekend!!!!!
After they arrived, we went to lunch at Panera Bread, then drove down to Kissimmee to Wild Willy’s Airboat Tours of Lake Tohopekaliga. This was the first time I’ve been on an airboat. Pretty cool.
Our guide explained the eco-system, and pointed out the various animals, including alligators! when we returned to the dock, we even had a chance to hold one!
There was also a couple on our boat that was from our old home town, Howell New Jersey. They weren’t too talkative, but what are the odds of that happening?
After the tour we went back to the campground and I cooked a Low Country Boil on the grill. The pot was filled with shrimp, little neck clams, corn and potatoes. It came out really good and everyone seemed to enjoy it. At least that’s what they said LOL
January 28, 2018 – Boat tour of Lake Dora
Weather: Cloudy with afternoon and evening showers, mid 60s
Our boat tour weekend continued with first having brunch at the Highland Street Cafe in Mt. Dora. The cafe sign says it serves the best breakfast in Lake County. which I can say is pretty accurate.
After brunch we drove over to Premier Boat Tours for their 2PM tour of Lake Dora and the Dora Canal. This was a different style tour than yesterday. Being on a pontoon boat it was much slower, and quieter.
It was a good tour and we got to see lots of different birds and a couple alligators.
After the tour we headed back to the campground, and Jenna and Emily left to check out Harry Potter World in Orlando. We’re going to miss these ladies, and hopefully we can connect back up when we are in Utah next summer. If not sooner.